Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Big Sadie, Little Sadie

After we announced the name we picked for our baby I learned that the oldest member in our church is named Sadie. It made me even more excited about naming our baby Sadie. So at this point our youngest and oldest church member is Sadie.


Big Sadie is in her mid-to-upper 90's although she does NOT look it at all. I am so glad I was about to have Big Sadie and Little Sadie's picture together. Big Sadie made my Sadie a blanket and had "Lil Sadie" embroidered on it. So special to me.
Here is Big Sadie's daughter...who happens to be named Sadie too. I didn't know this either because she goes by her middle name.

Sadie shares her name with some wonderful women. I chose her name because it was classic and timeless. It has become more popular lately which I'm not a fan of but that's ok. I still love it and am so happy to have a Sadie of my very own. And just for the record if your dog, cat, guinea pig, etc is named Sadie, I don't need to know about it. :)

12 comments:

Laurie said...

That is really neat!!!!

Brittany..Following my Bliss said...

HAHAH, love the fact that you wrote "just for the record"... I'm not sure why some people think its cute to inform a mom that their animal has the same name!

Amy said...

That is so neat! I love the Lil Sadie blanket - too sweet!

That is too funny and soo true: I have three children named Maggie, Sam and Jack, and I hear that dog comment all. the. time. UGH.

Jill said...

I love this!! Big Sadie most definitely does not look like she's in her 90's!

So happy you'll be part time soon. Coffee date in our near future!! :)

Jacy said...

Ha! I have a five year old Sadie Beth and you are right, people always want to tell you that they have a pet named Sadie. :) She is just precious.

Jacy said...

Ha! I have a five year old Sadie Beth and you are right everyone wants to tell you that they have a pet ___ named Sadie. Your Sadie is just precious!

Christi said...

How sweet is that to have a picture of the three Sadies together.

No dog, cat, fish named Sadie here...though I love the classic name. I have an Olivia and an Audrey. After I had Olivia, my dr's wife wanted to name their new dog, Olivia...which I didn't need to know. Of course, I knew no Olivias when I named mine and it's very popular now too.

Cyndi said...

That's really cool. I love your new blog look by the way!

HoodMama said...

So great! My baby girl is Sadie - it's one of my very favorites! And, I feel your pain; every time we go to the pediatrician, he tells me how his dog's name is Sadie, too.
Bless him.

TulipGirl said...

So, so precious!

Henley on the Horn said...

Sadie is one of my favorite names! She is adorable!

Kimberley said...

oh there is just something about an older lady holding a baby, i got a little teary eyed. so so sweet!! and LOVE that they share a name, even more special!!